With the local mountain guides and alpine leaders
A different approach to snowshoeing, easy walks in natural surroundings.
Several sectors of Les Contamines are accessible to all the family, for safe walks, whether on foot or on snowshoes.
A number of snow covered trails are signposted and reserved for walkers.
We provide you with snowshoes , poles and observation equipment. All outings are supervised by alpine professionals.
Enjoy snowshoeing in small friendly groups, off the beaten track.
Chose from a selection of itineraries adapted to your level.
Duration: from 2 to 5 hours. The aim: pleasure, discovery, escape and great memories!
Examples of snowshoe hikes:
- - No stress : Enjoy the snow and good humour !
- - Mont-Blanc Panorama : An easy outing to admire this mythical mountain.
- - Relaxing initiation : An easy outing in natural surroundings. Have no fear!
- - An evening outing with or without dinner : Moonlit outing for a black and white adventure !
- - Where are the glaciers ? A simple and rewarding outing !
- - Ibex watching : with the help of a telescope.
- - The best of the Nature Reserve and its secrets!
- - Local heritage
- - Mont-Blanc picture postcard : full day outing in magnificent scenery.
(Inclusive of snowshoe rental, poles and observation equipment)
(inclusive of snowshoe rental, poles and observation equipment)
|Trapper week end (2 days + a night in a montain refuge)
|5 day course. Departure point: a cosy gite.
You will nead good walking boots (rental possible in the local sports shops).
Walking Ideas :
- Walks in Les Contamines
- A map is available from the Tourist Information Office.
Enjoy a cable car ride up the mountain
Discover the beautiful surrounding scenery, stroll and enjoy lunch in one of the alpine restaurants or simply accompany your child to his/her ski session.
Children: from 5 to 15 years. OAP: from 65 to 80 years.
Rates winter 2016-2017 soon
Snowshoeing by night
Enjoy the opportunity to discover the natural surroundings of Notre Dame de la Gorge on a moonlit family snowshoe excursion with a mountain leader. Follow the animal tracks towards a Mongolian yurt to sample a well deserved mountain snack (cheese, deli and wine) served around the campfire. Return to the village by torchlight! Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes.
|Adult with "Carte d'hôte" (-20%)
|Child (under 16 y.o)
|Child with "Carte d'hôte" (under 16 y.o)
Les Contamines Tourisme
|18 route de Notre Dame de La Gorge
(voir sur le plan)
|Tél. : + 33 (0)4 50 47 01 58